What services does Germ Defense Offer?
We have three treatments for your home, work, school and where you play.
- Targeted Disinfection: We can treat the high touch areas and areas where you are most likely to come into contact with germs, bacteria, mold, mildew, algae, and other odor causing pathogens.
- Whole Room Disinfection: This treatment generates a turbulent aerosol that uses evaporation to quickly disperse H202 vapor and increasingly concentrated micro-droplets everywhere in rooms to kill germs where they hide, ensuring the proprietary formula reaches even those spaces beyond the reach of sprays, wipes, or UV lights.
- Germ Deterrent: Utilizing a revolutionary new system of professionally developed protective antimicrobial treatments we protect you and the people around you. Protection from the invasive spread of germs on contaminated surfaces like door handles, office machines, handrails, countertops, toys, and all surfaces you come into daily contact.
How are the treatments applied?
We have two methods of providing disinfection, electrostatic spray application for targeted disinfection and germ deterrent and the dry mist application for whole room disinfection. Both applications require areas to be vacuumed, wiped down to remove dust, and be free of clutter.
How do I know the treatments are safe?
We only use EPA approved disinfection treatments that have been proven up to a 6-Log reduction in pathogens, bacteria, fungi, mildew, mold, and viruses. Our products are used in hospitals around the world where germ protection is vital to all people. Our products breakdown to simple salt and water. Using advanced technology in the development of the disinfectants and application methods is how major universities, medical facilities, food production plants, schools and others keep their clients and patients safe. Germ Defense Maryland is bringing these proven safe protocols to you.
How does The Germ Defense Deterrent work?
This treatment first creates an invisible physical barrier to destroy and kill microbes. Under a microscope, a surface that has been treated would look like it was covered in thousands of tiny swords. The microscopic formula punctures the cell membrane, mechanically killing the pathogen while containing NO toxic chemicals or poisons and is non-leaching. The combination of stabbing and electrocution allows the technology to be fully effective as long as the surface remains intact. Our deterrent can continue to work for 90 days or more. The Germ Defense Deterrent has been shown to preserve a 4 log reduction with 1200 cycles of regular cleaning.
Do I continue to need regular cleaning after Germ Defense has treated my environment?
What are some of the benefits of Germ Defense?
What is the Microbial Efficacy?
- Log 6 reduction or 99.9999%
- Effective against Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureaus (MRSA), Vancomycin-resistant Enterococci (VRE), Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1), Swine Influenza Virus (H1V1), Salmonella enterica and more
- Micro-organism cannot develop resistance against HOCL, unlike traditional chemical agents
What is Hypochlorous Acid?
What surfaces does Germ Defense treat?
We are able to disinfect all hard, non-porous surfaces with the exception to steel, aluminum, silver or chipped enamel as the disinfectant may cause more rapid oxidation on these surfaces (e.g. silver will tarnish faster.) We are able to treat using the Germ Defense Deterrent as it is effective on modern hard, non-porous washable surfaces made of fiberglass, glazed porcelain,and brand named surfaces such as; Formica®, Corian, and Silestone TM, as well as stainless steel, synthetic marble and synthetic quartz surfaces.
Germ Defense Deterrent can be applied to carpet and upholstery to impart freshness and inhibit the growth of odor causing bacteria, bacteria which cause staining and discoloration, fungi (mold and mildew). The deterrent treatment provides or creates an invisible barrier to inhibit the growth of odor causing bacteria, bacteria which cause staining and discoloration, fungi (mold and mildew), and algae.
What disinfectant does Germ Defense use?
What is Halosil?
Developed in New Castle, Maryland and used in hospitals and universities around the world, including the United States Naval Academy, the United States Military Academy (West Point), Pennsylvania University Hospital system and own Beebe Health system and many others. This is a proven system and Germ Defense Maryland brings this advanced disinfection technology to your work, home, school and play.